we are here
The Attractivators was created in 2017 by the anti-diva, no drama here, super hair duo Anna and Valerie. Prior to opening these doors, Anna and Val worked together for over a decade. They knew what a salon could be, and they knew they had to create it. So they built a place where everyone instantly feels welcome and ready to find their hair expression. The philosophy has always been that good hair shouldn’t be hard work (for you!)
The focus is simple; Combine technical precision with an eye for detail and individuality. Mix in an understanding of what the hair wants to do and you’ve got yourself a fabulous head of hair. Simply put, our mission is to give you an experience that can’t be matched. Our team of talented Attractivators are ready to make you look and feel your best.
covid 19 protocol
Did you know that as cosmetologists we are not only trained in doing hair, we are also trained in sanitation! The majority of the 1500 hours of training to obtain our license is in stopping the spread of communal diseases. With this knowledge and the added training for CoVid-19, we are safely open, with a few changes. To help flatten the curve, and keep everyone safe The Attractivators have added these changes to our regular sanitation protocol:
- Operate at 25% capacity (the design of the space is great for social distancing and we will continue to keep the number of clients to a minimum)
- Fully disinfect stations between clients
- Wear masks during service when 6 feet distancing is not possible
- Clean capes and towels between each client
- Keep the door open (weather permitting)
- Contactless payments
- Credit Cards must be saved to run through our point of sale system
- Eliminate any beverages that are not in single use containers
- Keep employees home who are sick or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid 19.
As clients, we require a few things of you to help with our efforts:
- After checking in for your appointment wait in designated area
- Wear a mask and wash your hands upon entering the salon
- Reschedule your appointment if you are sick or have been in contact with any person who has tested positive
- Have patience as we navigate this difficult time to the best of our abilities
Attached is the Personal Care Service Guidelines document released by the State of Illinois, and the City of Chicago which detail the guidance and requirements for our industry as we move to phase 3. We are in compliance with all requirements.
Please call or email with any questions, comments, concerns or compliments (we love compliments!)
careers at the attractivators
Thank you for your interest in working with us at The Attractivators. We welcome applicants for support staff, apprentice stylists, and stylists. We also offer an extensive training program. If you are talented and want to join our creative team, please learn more about us below:
Learn! Grow! Be somebody!!! These angels act as support staff for the salon while training to earn their own stylist chair at The Attractivators. Class/model days are held weekly and are taught by the owners who have decades of experience in instructing and executing technical and artistic cutting and coloring. Our Training program is self-paced and dependent on starting levels of experience and consistency with bringing in models.
Oh yea, baybeee! We take care of our team with accrued paid time off, health insurance, a retirement IRA, product discounts, free hair services, flexible work schedules, retail bonuses, annual performance reviews, and opportunities for advancement. The cherry on top is a no drama, fun work space.
This sounds like a cool opportunity. How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to this email address. You can also upload your resume and cover letter using our form below. Be sure to include your qualifications, experience, and skills.